Here’s a recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as canola or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cooking spray or extra oil for the pan
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. It’s essential not to overmix to keep the pancakes tender.
- Gently fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease it with cooking spray or a small amount of oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and the edges appear set, usually about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and keep them warm. You can place them in a 200°F (93°C) oven to stay warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Continue making pancakes with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed to prevent sticking.
- Serve the vegan chocolate chip pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh berries, or a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Enjoy your delicious vegan chocolate chip pancakes! They’re perfect for a delightful breakfast or brunch.
Here’s an approximate breakdown of the nutritional values for the Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe. Please note that these values are estimates and can vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients you use. The values provided are for one serving, typically including three pancakes.
Note: The nutritional values do not include additional toppings like maple syrup or vegan whipped cream.
- Calories: Approximately 300-350 calories per serving (three pancakes).
- Protein: Around 5-6 grams per serving.
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 45-50 grams per serving.
- Dietary Fiber: About 2-3 grams per serving.
- Fat: Roughly 10-12 grams per serving.
- Sodium: The sodium content will depend on the specific ingredients you use, particularly the baking powder and any added salt. Using less salt and a low-sodium baking powder will reduce the sodium content.
- Sugar: The sugar content mainly comes from the granulated sugar and the sugar in the chocolate chips. If you prefer less sugar, you can reduce the amount in the recipe.
These values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients and portion sizes you use. For precise nutritional information, it’s advisable to use a nutrition calculator or consult with a registered dietitian, especially if you have specific dietary concerns or goals. Additionally, remember that adding toppings like maple syrup or whipped cream will add extra calories and nutrients to the overall meal.