When it comes to tropical flavors and a taste of paradise, Hawaiian cuisine is known for its unique and delightful dishes. One such dish is the Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, which perfectly combines creamy and tangy flavors with the comfort of pasta. In this blog post, we’ll share a mouthwatering Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe that’s perfect for bringing a touch of the islands to your table. Whether you’re hosting a luau or just craving something refreshing, this recipe is a must-try.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe Ingredients:
For the Macaroni Salad:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced white onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (canned pineapple works well)
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (optional, for added flavor)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe Instructions:
- Cook the Macaroni:
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions until it’s al dente. Be sure not to overcook it, as you want the pasta to have a slight bite to it.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Let it cool completely.
- Prepare the Dressing:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, whole milk, apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, salt, and pepper. This mixture will create the creamy and tangy dressing for the salad.
- Combine Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled macaroni with the grated carrots, finely diced white onion, finely diced celery, finely diced red bell pepper, and crushed pineapple.
- If you’re adding bacon for extra flavor, now is the time to crumble it into the mixture.
- Add the Dressing:
- Pour the prepared dressing over the macaroni and vegetable mixture.
- Gently fold and stir everything together until the dressing evenly coats all the ingredients.
- Chill and Garnish:
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Hawaiian Macaroni Salad for at least 1-2 hours or until it’s well chilled. This allows the flavors to meld and develop.
- Before serving, garnish the salad with chopped fresh parsley for a touch of color and freshness.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Scoop out generous portions of the Hawaiian Macaroni Salad onto plates or into bowls.
- Enjoy this refreshing and delightful dish as a side at your next barbecue or as a standalone meal.
This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe captures the essence of the islands with its creamy, tangy, and slightly sweet flavors. It’s a fantastic side dish that complements a wide range of main courses and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Recommended Salad Recipe: Best Chicken Cashew Salad Recipe with Fresh Ingredients
So there you have it – a mouthwatering Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe that’s ready to transport your taste buds to the beautiful islands of Hawaii. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply enjoying a meal with loved ones, this salad is a refreshing and delicious choice. Dive into a bowl today and savor the tropical goodness!