If you want to enjoy some fresh vegetables, salads can be excellent. Whether it is lunch or dinner, salads can have a place on your menu. Among lots of salad variations, you may be wanting a Greek salad recipe. In this case, you can check out the one that we have for you here… There are numerous distinctive features of a Greek salad, such as its simplicity and its very basic dressing. If you are used to eating high calorie salads with lots of ingredients, this can certainly be a refreshing change. Now if you are ready to begin, get all the necessary ingredients and start making this easy salad choice.
Greek Salad Ingredients
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- Half a cup of olives without pits
- Quarter of a cup of feta cheese
- Quarter of a cup of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- Dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste
What Else Can You Add?
- Sweet red peppers
- Garlic, balsamic vinegar and spices like paprika to the sauce
- Dill or parsley
- Chicken as a protein source
Greek Salad Instructions
- Begin by cleaning all the ingredients, chopping up the vegetables and taking out the pits from the olives if not done already. Chop up the ingredients in the shape that you want.
- Mix tomato, cucumber, onion and green bell pepper in a large enough bowl. Add the olives and the crumbled or diced up feta cheese on top of these.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper in a separate vessel. Put this dressing mixture on the salad.
- Once all of the ingredients and the sauce are mixed together well, the salad should be ready to serve.
Recommended Salad Recipe: Delicious Original Caesar Salad Recipe with Dressing
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the dressing made of in a traditional Greek salad?
Nowadays, you can find many different salad choices with heavy dressings, but Greek salad is not among these. Greek salads have a simple dressing made with ingredients such as olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, various spices and salt.
Why is Greek salad so good?
Many people love Greek salads and you may be among them. There are lots of reasons why Greek salads are amazing. One of these reasons is that Greek salads have a few simple ingredients that fit very well together. Also, this recipe requires fresh ingredients, which can affect the salad’s taste positively. Moreover, it is a fairly light salad with a basic yet delicious dressing.
Does Greek salad contain lettuce?
There are various salad types and many of them contain lettuce. As a result, in many people’s minds, lettuce is a default ingredient for salads. So you may be wondering if Greek salads have lettuce in them or not. The authentic Greek salad recipe, which we shared here, doesn’t usually have lettuce in it. But if you want to tweak the recipe in this manner, you are free to do so. Just make sure to cut up the lettuce in a suitable way.